Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Election Response 1

(I post with the expectation that this blog might remain a monologue for a while, a place for me to synthesize the e-mails I send to friends, and where my friends will eventually post back...)

The election. Kerry has conceded?! Wait! No! Stop! Or maybe not?! This is like a bad, bad breakup. Witness the parallels:
"Wait, he can't leave yet! He hasn't given US a chance! WE've invested so much time in this, and now he's quitting too early before giving it all a chance! Can't I call him? Maybe if I just explain, he won't leave yet. Maybe if I tell him that he missed some voters--I know he did, I know them by name, and this must be part of a larger pattern of rampant irregularities! So he can't quit just yet! =( .... What? He told HIM that he's quitting, told Monkeyface himself? At 11 this morning?!? So they're in this together? And he's gonna tell everyone in an hour? Noooo! OK, I'm calling Kerry.... OK, I just called his Ohio HQ's but they're not picking up! =( But he's not picking up the phone!?! What will happen to us when he leaves? We've invested so much? I mean sure, neither of us was THAT happy with each other, but still. We got used to each other. We were going to make it work. Will I see him again? Will he see me again? What will we do after this? Ugh, I need to stop thinking about this."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home